A franchise-based tournament, Vincy Premier League (VPL) T10 2020 is all set to take centre-stage between 22nd May and 31st May. VPL T10 will the first franchise tournament that will be played amid the COVID-19 crisis that has halted all major cricketing activities across the world.
A total of 30 matches will be played between six franchises to determine the champion. Each day of the tournament shall see three games being played on an average, with all of them being streamed live.
With an unprecedented situation prevailing due to the outbreak of COVID-19, cricket fans haven’t been able to watch any live action. However, thousands across the world will finally be able to watch some of the top performers play in the smallest format of the game come 22nd May.
West Indian players such as pacer Kesrick Williams (Botanic Gardens Rangers), opener Sunil Ambris (Salt Pond Breakers), and left-arm fast bowler Obed McCoy (Grenadines Divers) have confirmed their participation for the Vincy Premier League. All three will act as the marquee players for their respective franchises.
Keeping in mind the measures to keep the players safe from the spread of the deadly virus, the ICC recently introduced new rules about maintaining the quality of the ball. The apex cricketing body also issued a ruling on the ban of saliva to shine the ball. And, the Vincy Premier League T10 league will act as the first tournament that would disallow usage of saliva.
1. Botanic Gardens Rangers: Kesrick Williams (Marquee player); Nixon Mclean (coach).
2. Grenadines Divers: Obed McCoy (Marquee player); Ian Allen(coach),
3. Salt Pond Breakers: Sunil Ambris (Marquee player); Olanzo Jackson (coach).
4. La Soufriere Hikers: Desron Maloney (Marquee player); Irvin Warrican (coach).
5. Dark View Explorers: Lindon James (Marquee player); Bertram Stapleton (coach).
6. Fort Charlotte Strikers: Keron Cottoy (Marquee player); Kenroy Martin (coach).