The world is ready to witness yet another big battle of T20 cricket. The 2nd T20 match of England tour of South Africa, 2019-20 is scheduled to be held on Friday, 14th February 2020 at Kingsmead, Durban. We are posting 100 safe, perfect and accurate today match prediction for all matches of South Africa and England.
South Africa Reviews
South Africa had a good start to the T20 series after improvement in its performance in the ODI series. They won the first T20 with the margin of just one run. They lost the toss and were asked to bat first. Their batting order had an average performance in that match. They put a total of 177 runs in their 20 overs inning. Almost all batsmen from their side put some runs on the board. The opening batsman, Temba Bavuma was the highest run-scorer from their side who scored 43 runs on 27 deliveries with the help of five boundaries. Rassie van der Dussen and the skipper, Quinton de Kock scored 31 runs each while JJ Smuts had 20 runs to his name.
The bowling unit of team South Africa failed to give their best performance in that match but they defended the target of 178 runs. They leaked 176 runs in their inning of 20 overs. Lungi Ngidi was the highest wicket-taker from their side who picked three wickets in his four overs bowled out against 30 runs. Andile Phehlukwayo picked two wickets in his four overs bowled out while he was charged for 32 runs. Beuran Hendricks also picked two wickets while Dale Steyn had one wicket to his name.
England failed to have a good start to this series of three T20s. They lost the first T20 by the margin of just one run where they won the toss and decided to field first. There is no doubt that England has a strong bowling unit on the side but they could not perform well. They were charged for 177 runs in their inning of 20 overs. Chris Jordan was the highest wicket-taker from their side who two wickets to his name. Moeen Ali, Tom Curran, Mark Wood, Adil Rashid, and Ben Stokes picked one wicket each in the first T20.
The performance of the batting order of England was good but they failed to chase the target of 178 runs. They could manage to score 176 runs in their 20 overs inning. Jason Roy was the most successful and highest run-scorer from their side who scored 70 runs on 38 deliveries with the help of seven boundaries and three huge sixes. The skipper, Eoin Morgan also had a superb performance with the bat. He scored 52 runs while he faced 34 balls and smashed seven boundaries and one huge six during his inning.
South Africa T20 History and Stats
South Africa had played a total of 116 T20 matches where they won 66 matches and opposing teams won 45 matches. Their one match was ended with no result.
England T20 History and Stats
England had played a total of 115 T20 International matches so far. They won 58 while other teams won 53 matches. The four matches of England were ended with no result.
South Africa vs England T20 History and Stats
South Africa had faced England in 16 T20 matches where they won 9 and England won 6 matches. One match between these two teams was ended with no result.
Favorite Team in Today Match Prediction
According to our match prediction, England is the favorite team to win this match. The reasons why England is a favorite team in this match, are mentioned below:
The Batting lineup of England team is much stronger than South Africa
England also had a strong bowling unit and batting order which is in excellent form
A better bowling attack and more depth in every aspect of the game gives England the edge
South Africa has the advantages of home crowd, ground and conditions
Winning Chances of Today Match for the Both Sides
The way how South Africa performed in the first T20 match of this series was just outstanding. They also have their key players in good form, so the winning chances of South Africa for today’s match have been increased. The equation of winning chances of both teams for today’s match is mentioned as under.
South Africa has 51% chances to win this match England has 49% chances to win this match
Toss Prediction in Today Match Prediction
The toss can play an important role in the decision of this match. According to our toss prediction, the team who will win the toss may elect to field first.
Pitch Report and Conditions
The 2nd T20 match between South Africa and England is going to be played at the Kingsmead, Durban. This is one of the biggest venues in South Africa in terms of crowd capacity. The pitch at this venue is good the bowling and batting. It also has some help in it for the spinners.
Weather Report for This Match
The weather forecast in Durban on match day is good. There are almost no chances of rain and we may have a full match to watch.
Dream 11 Predictions for Today’s Match
Dream11 Prediction for South Africa vs England. After checking the latest player’s availability, the Dream 11 Team for this match of South Africa and England is mentioned under.
Full Match Info
Date: Friday, 14th February 2020
Time: 04:00 PM GMT / 06:00 PM LOCAL
Venue Details, Facts, and History
Location: Durban, South Africa
Known as: Sahara Stadium; Kingsmead
Ends: Umgeni End, Old Fort End
Time Zone: UTC +02:00
Home to: KwaZulu-Natal, Natal
Venue Scoring Pattern in T20s
Total matches: 14
Matches won batting first: 6
Matches won bowling first: 6
Average 1st Inns scores: 148
Average 2nd Inns scores: 134
Highest total recorded: 218/4 (20 Ov) by IND vs ENG
Lowest total recorded: 73/10 (16.5 Ov) by KEN vs NZ
Highest score chased: 158/4 (19.1 Ov) by RSA vs NZ
Lowest score defended: 164/9 (20 Ov) by NZ vs ENG
England T20 Squad
Jason Roy, Jos Buttler (wk), Jonny Bairstow, Eoin Morgan (c), Ben Stokes, Joe Denly, Moeen Ali, Tom Curran, Adil Rashid, Chris Jordan, Mark Wood, Dawid Malan, Sam Curran, Saqib Mahmood, Matthew Parkinson.
South Africa T20 Squad
Quinton de Kock (c & wk), Temba Bavuma, Rassie van der Dussen, JJ Smuts, David Miller, Dwaine Pretorius, Andile Phehlukwayo, Beuran Hendricks, Tabraiz Shamsi, Dale Steyn, Lungi Ngidi, Bjorn Fortuin, Reeza Hendricks, Petrus van Biljon.