The cricket fans are ready to witness yet another big battle of the T20 cricket. The 2nd T20 match of Australia tour of New Zealand, 2021 is scheduled to be held on Thursday, 25th February 2021 at University Oval, Dunedin. We are posting safe, secure, and accurate today match prediction of all matches of Australia and New Zealand.
New Zealand Reviews
We mentioned in the first prediction of this series of New Zealand and Australia that New Zealand has an edge over Australia in almost all departments of the game and we observed this in the first match. New Zealand won the first match with a handsome margin of 53 runs. The batting order of New Zealand gave the best performance overall. Martin Guptill, Tim Seifert, and the skipper Kane Williamson almost failed to perform well but Devon Conway took the charge and put a huge total on the board for New Zealand. He scored 99 runs and remained not out till the end of the inning. Glenn Phillips and James Neesham also performed well with the bat.
Like the batting, the bowling department of New Zealand also performed well in the first match of this series. They defended the target of 182 runs and sent the all-team of Australia back to the pavilion on a total of 131 runs in 17.3 overs. Ish Sodhi gave this best performance and picked four-wicket against 28 runs in four overs. Tim Southee and Trent Boult picked two wickets each while Kyle Jamieson and Mitchell Santner had one wicket each to their names.
Australia gave a chance to some new faces in the final squad of the playing eleven for the first t20 match and this decision did not work for Australia properly. Their bowlers succeeded to pick some key wickets early but lost the momentum and in the end, they were charged for 181 runs. Jhye Richardson and Daniel Sams picked two wickets each while Marcus Stoinis had one wicket to his name. Kane Richardson, Adam Zampa, Ashton Agar, and Glenn Maxwell were the bowlers who failed to pick any wicket.
The batting order of Australia failed to adjust to the conditions of New Zealand. The key players of this team are out of form. We had observed that Aaron Finch is struggling for a long time including Big Bash League. Josh Philippe is a well-known batsman but the conditions are not in the support of this key player of Australia. Australia had its real batting strength in the middle order. Marcus Stoinis, Glenn Maxwell, and Mitchell Marsh have to play a role for Australia to put a big total on the board.
Australia T20 History and Stats
Australia had played a total of 132 T20 matches where they won 69 and Opposing teams won 60 matches. Their three matches were ended with no result.
New Zealand T20 History and Stats
New Zealand had played 138 T20 matches. They won 67 matches while opposing teams won 67 matches. Their four matches were ended without any result.
New Zealand vs Australia T20 History and Stats
Australia had faced New Zealand in 10 T20 matches where Australia won 7 and New Zealand won 3 matches.
Favorite Team in Our Today Match Prediction
According to our today prediction, New Zealand is the favorite team to win this match. There are many factors that make New Zealand a favorite team to win this match.
Devon Conway, Ish Sodhi, and Glenn Phillips are in good form for New Zealand
New Zealand is playing at the home conditions which can support this team
Australia has average batting and bowling squad
New Zealand has a strong batting order on the side
The bowling unit of New Zealand is also strong and looks in good form
Winning Chances of Today Match for the Both Sides
New Zealand has a strong batting order on the side which in excellent form. They also have a good result while playing against Australia, so the winning chances of today match for New Zealand have been increased. The equation of winning chances of both teams for today match is mentioned as under.
New Zealand has a 55% chance to win this match Australia has 45% chances to win this match
Toss Prediction in Today Match Prediction
The toss can play an important role in the decision of this match. According to our toss prediction, the team who will win the toss may elect to bat first.
Pitch Report and Conditions
The 1st match of this series and scheduled to be held at University Oval, Dunedin. Pitch here in this stadium is a batting favored and with a little bit of bounce that may help the seamers. Spinners can play a key role in this pitch. As per the live cricket score, a total score of near about 190 runs should be as par.
Weather Report for This Match
The weather forecast for Dunedin is not good for this match. There are some chances of rain and that is possible that we may have a short match.
NZ vs PAK DREAM11 LINEUP
WICKET-KEEPER: Tim Seifert Matthew Wade Finn Allen BATSMEN: Kane Williamson (C) Marcus Stoinis Devon Conway ALL-ROUNDERS: Glenn Maxwell (VC) Daniel Sams BOWLERS: Trent Boult Adam Zampa Kyle Jamieson
Full Match Info
Date: Thursday, 25th February 2021
Time: 01:00 AM GMT / 02:00 PM LOCAL / 06:30 AM IST
Venue Details, Facts, and History
Stadium: University Oval
Location: Dunedin, New Zealand
Capacity: 3500 (Increased to 6000 by temporary seating)
Known as: University Oval, “Varsity Oval”
Ends: Southern End, Northern End
Time Zone: UTC +13:00
Home to: Otago, Otago Volts
Other Sports: it is home to Rugby
Curator: Tom Tamati
New Zealand T20 Squad
Tim Seifert (wk), Kane Williamson (c), Martin Guptill, Devon Conway, Glenn Phillips, James Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Kyle Jamieson, Tim Southee, Hamish Bennett, Trent Boult, Ish Sodhi, Mark Chapman.
Australia T20 Squad
Aaron Finch (c), Matthew Wade (wk), Josh Philippe, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, Ashton Turner, Ashton Agar, Jhye Richardson, Kane Richardson, Adam Zampa, Jason Behrendorff, Mitchell Marsh, Ben McDermott, Andrew Tye, D Arcy Short, Riley Meredith, Daniel Sams, Tanveer Sangha.