Match Preview – Today Cricket Match Prediction, Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Thunder, BBL T20 2019-20, Challenger Match. Who Will Win, Playing XI, Dream11 Fantasy Cricket Tips, Pitch Report. On February 6, 2020
The BBL fans are ready to witness yet another big battle of T20. The Challenger Match of Big Bash League 2019-20 is scheduled to play between Melbourne Stars and Sydney Thunder on Thursday, 6th February 2020 at Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne. We are posting safe, accurate, and secure today match prediction for all matches of BBL free.
Melbourne Stars Previews
Melbourne Stars had a superb start to this season of Big Bash League but at the end of this league, they lost their momentum and had lost four matches consecutively. They played a total of 14 matches at the league stage with ten wins and four losses. They were leading the points table at the end of league stage matches. They missed their first chance to qualify for the final and now have a second chance. That is true that they will be under pressure in this match but there is no doubt that is a strong side. Glenn Maxwell and Marcus Stoinis are the players who have to lead from the front with the bat. Peter Handscomb, Seb Gotch, Nic Maddinson, and Mick Larkin are the key batsmen for the Stars. We are expecting that the Stars will continue their bowling lineup as it was against Sixers. Daniel Worrall, Adam Zampa, Clint Hinchcliffe, Marcus Stoinis, Nathan Coulter-Nile, and Haris Rauf will be part of the bowling unit of Stars in this match.
Sydney Thunder Previews
The performance of the Sydney Thunder was not impressive in this season of BBL at the league stage. They won just six out of 14 matches played and were laying at the 5th position at the points table after the end of league stage matches. Thanks to the new rule of Big Bash League as they got a chance to move forward even after having the fifth position on the table. They had a superb performance against the Hurricanes in the eliminator match and won with a huge margin of 57 runs. Alex Hales, Usman Khawaja, Callum Ferguson are the batters who had done well in the recent matches. Chris Morris, Daniel Sams, Arjun Nair, Chris Tremain, and Brendan Doggett will be taking the responsibilities of the bowling department.
Sydney Thunder won their most recent match against Adelaide Strikers with a margin of eight runs. They lost the toss and were asked to bat first. Their batting order had an average performance in that match and scored 151 runs in their 20 overs inning. Alex Hales was the most successful and highest run-scorer from their side who scored 59 runs on 35 deliveries with the help of six boundaries and four maximum sixes. Chris Morris scored 21 runs while Arjun Nair had 18 runs to his name. The way how the bowling unit of the Thunder performed in the previous match was just outstanding. They defended the target of 152 runs and leaked 143 runs in their inning of 20 overs. Daniel Sams was the highest wicket-taker from their side who picked three wickets in his four overs bowled out against 26 runs. Jonathan Cook and Chris Morris got one wicket each while Chris Tremain had one wicket to his name.
Favorite Team in Today Match Prediction
According to our cricket match prediction, Melbourne Stars is the favorite team to win this match. There are many factors that make Melbourne Stars a favorite team to win this match.
Melbourne Stars is the best performing team of this season of Big Bash League
Melbourne Stars have a strong batting order in the side
Melbourne Stars have a strong bowling unit in the side which is in excellent form
Both teams have a strong batting order in the side at least on papers
Winning Chances of Today Match for the Both Teams
The performance of Sydney Thunder was excellent in their previous match and they also have their key players back to the team, so the winning chances of today match for Sydney Thunder have been increased. The equation of winning chances of both teams for today’s match is mentioned as under.
Sydney Thunder have a 51% chance to win this match Melbourne Stars has 49% chances to win this match
Toss Prediction in Today Match Prediction
The toss will play an important role in the decision of all matches of Big Bash League. Having a good total on the board is always a big advantage in these kinds of big matches. According to our toss prediction, the team who will win the toss may choose to bat first.
Pitch Report and Conditions
The Challenger match of Big Bash League season 2019-20 is scheduled to be held at Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne. The pitch here at this venue is good for batting. It has some bounce and the batsmen will enjoy their shots. A score of near about 190 should be as par.
Weather Report for Today Match
The weather forecast in Melbourne is predicting some clouds around on match day but the weather forecast does not predict rain. We should be able to have a full uninterrupted match
Dream 11 Predictions for Today’s Match
Dream11 Prediction for Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Thunder, Challenger Match. After checking the latest player’s availability, the Dream 11 Team for this match of Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Thunder are mentioned under.
Full Match Info
Date: Thursday, 6th February 2020
Time: 08:40 AM GMT / 07:40 PM LOCAL
Venue Details, Facts, and History
Stadium: Melbourne Cricket Ground
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Capacity: 100000 (approx, including standing room)
Known as: The MCG, The “G”
Dimensions: 172.9m long, 147.8m wide
Ends: Members End, Great Southern Stand End
Time Zone: UTC +11:00
Home to: Australia, Victoria
Other Sports: it is home to Australian Rules Football, Soccer, Rugby Union, Rugby League, Lawn Bowls, Squash
Curator: Tony Ware
Melbourne Stars Squad
Nic Maddinson, Glenn Maxwell (c), Nathan Coulter-Nile, Peter Handscomb, Adam Zampa, Daniel Worrall, Marcus Stoinis, Nick Larkin, Seb Gotch (wk), Clint Hinchliffe, Haris Rauf, Ben Dunk, Dilbar Hussain.
Sydney Thunder Squad
Callum Ferguson (c), Usman Khawaja, Alex Hales, Chris Morris, Chris Tremain, Alex Ross, Jay Lenton (wk), Arjun Nair, Brendan Doggett, Daniel Sams, Jonathan Cook, Chris Green, Nathan McAndrew, Liam Bowe.